[riscos-printing] Re: HP CP1515n

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:40:19 GMT

On 19 Mar 2012  Brian Carroll <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <3456db7252.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter
> Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I need to replace my Xerox Phaser, as it's become seriously
>> unreliable. I'm interested in the HP CP1515n which CJE sell,
>> and will almost certainly buy this, as I will then know it
>> will work with RISC OS. However, I need to have it
>> network-attached using RemotePrinterFS. I have the Phaser
>> connected this way at present, but I rather founder in
>> attempts to get RPFS set up correctly, and needed quite a bit
>> of help over getting the Phaser connected. Any hints as to
>> how to get this new printer connected would be very
>> gratefully received.

> I have had one of these printers in use for about 2 years[1]. It
> is networked entirely straightforwardly by plugging it to a spare
> router port. (It also connects reliably by USB; Windows XP &
> RiscPC - don't know about Iyonix).

> I use Postscript3 to connect to RISC OS using the following
> string in !Printers/Config/Connections to send to a file:

>  RemotePrinterFS#proto=JetDirect;host=hp_laser;port=9100;buffer=yes:
> [2]

Printer has arrived, and printing brilliantly from both RISC OS and
from XP. I never thought it would be so easy, and I'm very grateful
for this help. Remember to call for personal thanks any time you're in
Cheltenham!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Hf     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.