[riscos-printing] Re: HP CP1515n

  • From: Brian Carroll <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:06:07 +0000 (GMT)

In article <8b0e9e7452.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin
Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <0034A2D5-EEF2-4CC0-814C-98B4B54B1195@xxxxxxxxx>
>           wlm4p@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Op 22 mrt 2012, om 16:38 heeft Brian Howlett het volgende
> > geschreven:

> > Have you done this?

> > Yes:

> > Request received for list 'riscos-printing' via request
> > address.

> > Subscription confirmation ticket sent to user being
> > unsubscribed.

> > but I'm still on it

> So far, nobody else had trouble unsubscribing. I have not
> heard of anyone using the e-mail method though. The standard
> way is to use the web interface (for the address see the
> footer below).

That is not correct; I seem to be unable to unsubscribe as part
of the process of setting a different email address for my
postings (eg, this one).  I had discovered it is necessary to
unsubscribe and then re-subscribe to change one's email address.
 If this is not done postings are likely to be made to the list
from an address other than the one subscribed and they are then
dumped on the list-owner. Martin pointed this out when I had
failed to re-subscribe to this list. I have now done this (via
the web page) and have had the relevant confirmatory emails from
encartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

However I have received 2 copies of the last 5 or 6 postings to
this list. The copies of Martin's posting have identical
date/times and texts but their headers, examined in !SideDiff,
are not. They show that one has gone direct to my newly
subscribed address but a second has gone via the 'unsubscribed'
address which is wrong.

Brian.