[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

On 07 Mar, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, but of course the help file is the least important aspect of the
> application. If upgrading the help file has not worked chances are
> that the rest has not worked either. Did you follow the advice to
> first DELETE your existing copy of !GPDriver2 and then drag in the new
> version from the zip file? That is the only reliable way to upgrade.

Yes! I did it for both upgrades, except I dragged it from the ZIP file to
the RAM disc, and from there to the application. I even checked that the
File count of the file in Gutenprint was the same as the file count of
the file I had downloaded. However, in each case, when I ran Gutenprint
it said it had the old !GPDriver2 in it.

When I clicked Menu on !GPDriver2 it gave all the the usual menu, but the
word "Help" was greyed out. It did this every time I deleted it, and
reloaded it from the RAM disc, but when I double-clicked the ZIP file and
dragged it in from there, it worked! (I tried reloading it into the RAM
disc from the Zip file, and then dragging it in, but it did the same as
before).

Computers seem to have wills of their own!

Alan