[renomusicproject] open mic progress

  • From: Todd South <tcsouth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: renomusicproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 03:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

We're getting closer and closer to re-launching the Reno Music Project open
mic, and this time we'll be in two locations!

Brian Depew and I spent the day building a P.A. out of random parts at his new
place, Cyber Infusion Cafe, then tested it out with the assistance of EJ
Maldonado.  I tell ya what, we got that sucker sounding pretty darn good,
totally on a shoestring budget!  Next comes wiring the board to the house sound
and getting the webcam set up.  That way patrons will be able to see and
hear the show in every room and all around the world. The cafe will be doing a
soft open at 7pm on Monday, with the grand opening party on Saturday the 24th
starting at 2pm and running till 10 or so.  There will be plenty o' live music,
libations, food, etc., so drop by and welcome the latest music-friendly
establishment to the scene!

Meanwhile back at the ranch...      :)

Melissa Townsend, the new owner of Walden's Coffeehouse, has invited the RMP to
bring music back to our original home.  As she put it, "“I would like to bring
Walden’s back to its former
glory,” and I couldn't agree more.  A new cabaret permit still needs to be
approved by the city council, but once that's in place we should be able to get
open mic up and happening back at the old homestead sometime in May.  Stay
tuned for details.

I'm thinking of changing my name to "Phoenix".  heheheh

Todd C. South - www.toddsouth.com
ICQ: 1943809 MSN:tcsouth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: tcsouth AIM: TaoshamanTCS
Text/Voice: 775-530-2940  www.twitter.com/ToddSouth
www.facebook.com/toddsouth  www.myspace.com/toddsouth