[renomusicproject] Help us get the word out!

  • From: Todd South <tcsouth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: renomusicproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:07:19 -0700 (PDT)

We at the Reno Music Project would like to extend a big thank you to Julian
Rhodes (and photos by Scott Barnett) for visiting our open mic last Friday and
then making us famous in the Nevada Sagebrush.  Hopefully we'll see some new
college faces at open mic as a result!

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2008/09/09/taking-it-to-the-streets/

Speaking of publicity, it's time once again to share your opinion and vote in
the Reno News & Review's "Best Of" poll!

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/ballot/BestofReno08

As with all popularity contests, these awards don't mean all that much.
HOWEVER, it would be GREAT publicity for our little project if you'd vote for
us, and we could really use the publicity!

Section: NIGHTLIFE

Best open-mic night [Reno Music Project]

Best place to see a concert [Reno Music Project]
Best place for live music [Reno Music Project]
Best place to hear loud music [Reno Music Project]
Best place to hear quiet music [Reno Music Project]
Best all-ages spot [Reno Music Project]
Best concert venue [Reno Music Project]

Section: GOODS & SERVICES
Best place to buy a musical instrument  [Maytan Music Center]

Section: FREESTYLE (suggested new categories)
Best place to hear independent music [Reno Music Project]
Best place to hear original music [Reno Music Project]
Best place to meet fellow songwriters/musicians [Reno Music Project]
Best affordable, small project recording studio [Reno Music Project]

Best family-owned place to buy a musical instrument [Maytan Music Center]
Best place to learn how to play a musical instrument [Maytan Music Center]

Thanks for your support!!!