[renomusicproject] BIG show this weekend!

  • From: Todd South <tcsouth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: renomusicproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:08:09 -0700 (PDT)

Lot's of news today!  First off, congrats to the winners of the 1st Reno News &
Review songwriting contest: Dave Berry won for the Editor's Choice, and Gil
Gaus won the Reader's Choice awards.  I really enjoyed listening to all the
entries, and I'm hoping the RN&R expands on this contest and turns it into
something akin to the Sammies their sister publication organizes every year in
Sacramento.

Next up, congrats to all the folks listed in the annual Best of Northern Nevada
issue of the Reno News & Review.  Thanks to everyone for expressing their
support of local businesses and organizations!   The Reno Music Project placed
in the following categories:

"Best place to hear quiet music" -- 3rd Place
"Best all ages spot" -- 3rd Place
"Best open mic" -- 2nrd Place

Last (but hardly least), we've got a full lineup of music for you this
weekend!  Friday night sees the return of open mic to Maytan Music at 7pm,
after taking a couple weeks off.  Saturday will feature the return of our
Musician's Showcase series with a show I've been looking forward to for weeks
and weeks.  It's free, it's all-ages, and it's going to be one-of-a-kind so
DON'T MISS IT!

Saturday, October 17   - 7pmMusician's Showcase  hosted by Todd South

(7:00) Burning Peace (yes, an actual BP appearance!)
    (8:00) The Kimberly Trip (Sacramento band - Reno CD release show!)
    (9:00) The Madorians (rrrrrrrRAWK!)
Maytan Music Center

        777 S. Center St. (upstairs)

Hope to see you there!