[renomusicproject] Apology

  • From: Todd South <tcsouth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: renomusicproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:18:09 -0700 (PDT)

To Whom It May Concern:

I'd like to apologize to all our friends & supporters for the "Grandma
Potty-Mouth" episode at last night's open mic.  After she ignored my polite
attempt to point out that her act isn’t in keeping with the "family friendly"
environment at Walden's Coffeehouse, I should have cut her mic and asked her to
leave the stage.  I didn't because, as my wife says, I'm just "too nice".

I was, frankly, just dumbfounded by her act and attitude.  In the years I've
hosted open mics I've never had a mature adult behave that way, especially
after
they've been alerted to the venue's content guidelines.  I've never had to 86 a
75 year-old amateur comedienne before, but I should have on this occasion.  My
apologies for failing to handle the situation in the way it should have been.
won't let it happen again.

P.S. Word to the wise: If you've just taken a stand-up comedy class and your
act
consists of graphic sexual imagery without a punch line, my open mic is NOT the
place for you to make your debut.   :)

Sincerely,

Todd South