[regional_school] Update: Naming the School

  • From: William Cala <wcala9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: regional <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:55:51 -0400 (EDT)

Here is an update on the school name:

There were approximately 100 names submitted. All subscribers to this list were
given an opportunity to weigh in on their three top choices.

Here are some observations:

    • 16 people provided their top choices totaling 56 votes (for lack of a
better word)
    • The concept of Regional/Community/Metro was mentioned 21 times
    • The concept of Innovation/Creativity/Discovery was mentioned 13 times
    • The word "Keystone" was mentioned 11 times
    • The name "Mind Works" was mentioned 4 times
    • Several names were supported once or twice.
    • Some names that were mentioned once or twice embraced many of the topics
above.

Next Steps.........

All material collected from the e-mail brainstorming exercise will be given to
the vision team*. The vision team will study all the information and make a
recommendation.

Peace,

Bill

*The vision team is a group I assembled in November that consists of members of
the general planning teams. The vision team has aided me in setting some of the
direction we have taken .