[regional_school] Progress?

Hello All..

Yesterday, Tom Frey, Bryan Hetherington, Tim Glander and I met with Bogen
Vargas and his staff to continue our efforts to get the Regional Academy off
the ground. As you can imagine, there have been many meetings like these
over the past two years.  What makes this meeting different, is that for the
first time (in my opinion) there seems to be an inch of progress with RCSD.
We will be working on a retooling of our legislative package.  When this is
complete Bolgen will take the legislative bill to the RCSD board and proceed
with formal approval.

The plan is then to have the bill put up for a vote in the legislature as a
priority item in the first legislative session of the new year.  Once the
legislation is finally in the books then the train will be able to pick up
speed.  There are still many "ifs" that can spontaneously appear to derail
the train.  We remain committed to this effort as we are convinced that it
is the only viable solution for children of poverty.  We continue to pursue
in spite of roadblocks we have encountered since 2009. We continue to pursue
because it is the right thing to do.  We continue to pursue because the
direction of education here and across the country is on a frightening path.
We continue to pursue to provide a spark of hope for those who have no
voice.  I will keep you informed of our progress and we caterpillar our way
through the bureaucratic realities both here and in Albany.

Thank you all for your past work on this project and your continued support.

Bill