[regional_school] Naming the School/Website

  • From: William Cala <wcala9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: regional <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:44:47 -0400 (EDT)

Good Morning Everyone!

It was a lengthy meeting with candid discussion last night in an attempt to
name the school. With over 100 suggested names and the pull of the forces of
the spirit of the school, the task was extremely difficult.

In the informal voting, as I have shared with you previously, the most
important element was that the name reflected the regional nature of the
school. All other naming elements were too diverse and numerous for the group
to come to a mutually agreeable descriptor.

In the end, the group felt that simplicity was essential and works best. It is
felt that the quality, make-up and performance of the school will give the
necessary meaning and "gravitas" to the name.

While knowing that evolution may take its course, the group has chosen, "The
Regional Academy."

It's simple, to the point and rolls off of the tongue.

Thanks to everyone for being a part of a truly democratic process.

On another note, I have constructed a website. It is very basic at this point,
but we will flesh it out as time goes on. I will be updating it shortly with
the new name. The link is: http://www.naz.edu/dept/edu/regional_school.cfm

Peace,

Bill