[recoll-user] Tweaking the recollq CLI

  • From: Roger Lainson <roger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:35:40 +1000

Hi,

My little company has 7 users and we want to search a shared collection of documents and message files on a server. Recoll, built without gui support and installed on the server (ubuntu 11.04), is working fine. I'm querying using the recollq command line interface, from a PHP page running on the same server, and simply parsing the metadata array. All good - better than beagle (much better than a dead beagle!), and a realistic alternative to Microsoft Indexing Service.

But it would be nice to tweak up recollq a little ...

(a) to get the "to" field in the meta-data array in recollq. I can search on both "from" and "to" but only report "from".

(b) to get a dynamically built abstract in the meta-data array in recollq (perhaps instead of the static abstract).

I'm not an experienced cpp programmer, but I'm happy to try any code suggestions to adapt recollq, if someone could give me a few pointers. Be glad of any help!

Cheers,
Roger