[realmusicians] Re: windows 7 instead

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:11:43 -0500

Ramy,

The answer is maybe.

Some older vst manufacturers probably won't update their products, or they will and make you buy the new versions, and some things might work in compatibility modes, but it's been my experience that most things that require low level access like our musical apps will tend to break with an os upgrade.

Xp was very forgiving to 98 and me apps, but still, many things got orphaned, and it's already been shown how many things vista orphaned, that was part of the big stink about why people hated vista so much.

Window's 7 is more or less a bug squashed vista that runs better.

So you just have to try it and see.

Chances are that the 32 bit versions of either vista or w7 will run older apps better than the 64 bit version, but again, it's a trial and error situation, you'l just have to give it a shot and see.

Good luck.

At 10:42 AM 10/28/2009, you wrote:
hi all:

if u please,
now, i can't find xp drivers for my laptop, so i must choose, vesta or windows7, so, can we use our programs with windows 7?
SONAR, SIBELIUS, ALL OUR EFFECTS ETC?

Thanks
Cheers
RAmy Moustafa