[realmusicians] peeking into NVDA and System Access?

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:30:16 -0500

Really, I tried to get a peek at System Access standalone version, and a trial version is mentioned in places on the web, but only the $450 buy now seems to be available, with absolutely no refund. I tried to get SATOGO to run, and it just sait it couldn't find my web browser.

I guess it doesn't like Firefox.

Okay, if the company wants to make their product hard to try before buy; I guess it's not for me. Now, I'm determined to get easy to get little N V D A to read anything on the screen. I'm so spoiled with scanning the screen with winize's very thorough commands at the num pad, and the thing I've been missing most in NVDA is using that mouse pointer alias PC cursor at the num pad.

Apparently NVDA does it with combinations of the NVDA key plus arrows, or NVDA keys plus ctrl plus arrows.

I hope, because in something like Reason 6, you need that whole page with working links, to find and load instruments, samples, etcetera. In Reason 6, to find instruments, You also sometimes need to use the standard windows browse dialog, and I don't seem to find a way to get to that with NVDA.

Unfortunately, trying to run Reaper 4x 64 with NVDA, some of ReaAccess's commands don't work, like my favorite ctrl+ insert, which inserts a soft synth into a new track.
Now, I think NVDA uses the insert keys as its default NVDA key, right?
But, I set the NVDA key to the capslock, so there shouldn't be a conflict there.

Do we have any proficient NVDA users here who know where tutorials and podcasts are, frequently asked questions, and such as that, so I can get really good on this little thing? I run into way too many situations lately where where Wineyes is definitely in need of bifocals; at least; , so maybe NVDA will have 20 20 vision in those places.
Thanks for any help,
Indigo L