[realmusicians] Re: good piano synth

  • From: "Ross McGregor" <rossmcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:56:49 +1100

chad,
there's afew.
acoustica.com make a thing called pianissimo. is quite good as is relatively
good sound for only $90. and is a small sample size.

also is truepianos. also pianoteq.

these are smallish ones in sample size and i think reasonable prices.
I thought the pianissimo was surprisingly good sound for the money, but I mean
considering it's costs. But of course subjectively there are far better
sounding ones around.
depends what type of music you're doing, is best to listen to them. they will
all sound different and find one who's sound appeals to you.

Is also the grand3 by steinberg. is very nice. is actually 5 pianos in total.
is 3 different grand pianos, an upright and a yamaha electric piano.
Is a very nice sounding piano but may be too over the top for you in size and
or price.

I know the grand 3 is current, but I haven't checked these others for a while
so they may be still there or disappeared.

Was another mob called absolute pianos, but i think he was more specialized.
you could also google soft synth piano or similar and i'm sure a hole bunch
will come up.
There's a lot of rubbishy pianos out there, but i'm sure you'll find something
you like.

Ross.