[realmusicians] Re: compressing maltiple tracks.

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 01:27:03 -0600

Sometimes you can get by with compressing globally, but you won't have as much control.

If the lead vocal hits hard, it might turn down the backing vocals more than you'd like, if everybody is close and in the pocket, it'll work.

But if you lead vocal is very dynamic and or your back vocals are all over the place, treat everybody separately, it'll be more hassle, but ultimately be better.

At 12:26 PM 11/26/2009, you wrote:
Hello all, I have a quick question. I'm wanting to compress maltiple vokal tracks. The lead and backup vocal in this case. Do I need to compress each track one by one or can I just rout them all to a vocal bus and compress the bus? thanks
chad