[realmusicians] Re: clean up on win7

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:46:16 -0500

windows cleaning up after itself huh what did he say?
At 08:13 PM 11/22/2011, you wrote:
Freeware CCleaner, that's the cat's meow, for XP, Windows 7 64 bit, any Windows, , problem, just that regular housekeeping that some say is not required any more. If Windows really did clean up after itself I wouldn't find that 2 and 300 megs has just been removed from various temp file folders around the computer.
Every time the computer feels sluggish, I run CCleaner.
It's the cure for computer constipation, like a dose of Epsom saltsfor a computer. When you are cleaning out orphan installer and leftover registry entries, CCleaner makes a backup file that's dated, so all you need to do to reverse your registry cleanup is run the backup file.
That's your safety feature, but I've never had CCleaner harm the registry.
It used to be called crap cleaner, but the elder geeks decided to clean up its image when it went public. smile.
Indigo L

On 11/22/2011 4:48 PM, Ross McGregor wrote:
Hi Folks,

Was wondering what peeps are using to clean up and problem check under win
7.

I'm using MSE. I used to use jkdfrag and c clean on xp.

So are peeps using any tools like that under win 7? I believe win 7 does
it's own defrag, so one like jkdfrag isn't so needed.

Any Suggestions, be appreciated.

Ross.