[realmusicians] Re: clean up on win7

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:12:28 -0500

Can Win Defender and auto defrag be shut off, if so, where, and can System Restore be left on, with a restore point set to be done at shutdown of the computer?

Thanks,
Indigo L
On 11/22/2011 11:57 PM, D!J!X! wrote:
Win7 does a basic defrag (not the same as a manual run), when the system's
been idol for over 15-20 minutes. If enabled, a windows defender scan runs
prior to that.
This defrag is good enough to keep a basic system going good, but for daws
you should still run the full manual defrag on all drives at least every 2
weeks.

HTH, D!J!X!

   _____