[realmusicians] Re: clean up on win7

Ah, don't have time to mess with window dependancies, disk imaging is 100 percent.

Why do people mess with a paint job when they could have a whole new house again?

Never undrstood that, people wil research for days and months to figure something out or why this won't hapen,
and why that is messed up,
but using ghost, image for windows or dos, or what ever really insures you go back to a good known working state,
you just don't get a patched computer, you get a new one.

YOu may have to re-install a few apps, but all those nmessed up dll files, extra junk that c cleaner couldn't possibly know about, old redundant update caches, go away.

But whatever floats your boat and works for you.

C clean is ok for what it is.

At 08:44 AM 11/23/2011, you wrote:
Well, I can agree about not letting just anybody's cleaner mess with the registry, but CCleaner is impeccable. Before I had CCleaner, I had to clean install one computer because a program really was badly written and caused problems, even after uninstalled, so I used one of those deep cleaners, and let it dig deep into the registry to find every last trace of the offending program, and that cleaner wrecked the registry, but CCleaner was written by the elder geeks for themselves, and has never caused problems, only cures them. Besides, it keeps a backup, with its date, so click on any backup file and it acts just like a non CPU draining System restore for the registry, rolls back the registry to that date.

On 11/22/2011 11:07 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
I like c cleaner, I just don't let it mess with the registry.

At 07:19 PM 11/22/2011, you wrote:
See there, I'm not such a fool, Tom Kingston also runs CCleaner.
What's to lose, the computer always runs better afterward, and if it
didn't, it's reversable.
Indigo L

On 11/22/2011 8:01 PM, Tom Kingston wrote:
Yep. I usually clear out everything in the internet cache, run disk
cleanup, then defrag. Windows 7 defrag can be scheduled, but I don't
know if it's on by default. Mine wasn't. And I didn't turn it on because
I like to clean house and then defrag.

And I just downloaded and ran CCleaner last week for something; I can't
remember what now. But it did the job.

Tom

On 11/22/2011 7:00 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
I think the same disk clean up tools are still available in w7 huh?

If I remember right.

At 03:48 PM 11/22/2011, you wrote:
Hi Folks,
Was wondering what peeps are using to clean up and problem check under
win 7.
I'm using MSE. I used to use jkdfrag and c clean on xp.

So are peeps using any tools like that under win 7? I believe win 7
does it's own defrag, so one like jkdfrag isn't so needed.

Any Suggestions, be appreciated.

Ross.

For all your audio production needs and technology training, visit
us at

www.affordablestudioservices.com
or contact
Chris Belle