[realmusicians] Re: WHAT ARE PEOPLE UP TO?

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 00:26:37 -0600

Last time I was on a horse was back in 93, I was half of a duo and we played in Daton.

I'd just gotten where I could sequence good with spg for dos, and we carted my first computer, a whapping 386 with 2 megs of ram, 40 meg hard-drive and all our extra modules and things on the road.

computer broke the first night we were there, actually, it was fine, but the silly speech synth which was an accent pc was rusty, and kroded, must have been dropped in water or something, and it froze the system.

Anyway, we got the computer repaired and everything was fine for the rest of the 3 week gig.

One of the waitresses there invited me horse-back riding, so I went.

One thing hilarious about horses is that they just poop anywhere they like, on the move too.

Here we are clop clopping down the street and I hear this big splat behind me.

She was a gentle placid mare and Laury and I rode her all afternoon.

My hind end was definitely sore.

YOU need to develop special muscles to be on a horse all the time.

Buzz my partner chickened out, he was a big wenie about some things, very talented, but he said he didn't want to get on anything big enough to crush him.

Well, I'd feel less threaten by a horse than a non-attention paying motorist trying to dial a cell phone, put on makeup, and or otherwise occupied rather than watching out for my hide trying to cross the street 'grin'.

The seat of knowledge would sure get a work-out riding a horse, though!

At 07:15 PM 11/6/2009 -0600, you wrote:
Yeh, the horses know where they're going 'grin'.

But not as good for the old cardio and caboose 'grin'.

At 05:37 PM 11/6/2009, you wrote:
Oh wow that sounds adventurous. I'd love to do something like that or, horse riding.

At 05:18 PM 11/6/2009 -0600, you wrote:
I am training for a two-day 160 mile bike ride May 22 and 23. It is called, Tour de Cure and is sponsored by the American Diabetes Association. If anyone is interest in donating to the cause, please let me know. If anyone would be interested in a Podcast of the ride, let me know that, too. I am not sure I will do it, but if I get enough interest, I just might. I will be riding a tandem with a feisty little lady who has rheumatoid arthritis. If she can do it, I know I can! But... I will need your prayers and support. I have never done anything like this in my life!

Chris and Steph, have you guys got my songs for my CD on your server? Should we let the group listen to one or two of them? Whichever ones you like will be fine. Could you give a download link for your favorites? If any of you want a copy, they are $10.00 plus $3.00 for shipping and handling. Sorry for the shameless advertisement, but we gotta make money, somehow. By the way, Chris did a wonderful job mastering the CD. It is called, You Light The Way.

Well, Steph... you did ask what we were up to!  (Grin.)

At 02:55 PM 11/6/2009 -0600, you wrote:
                Just wondering what people are up to musically?
Life is busy in the Belle household right now. We are currently working on a Christmas album and tomorrow we have a group coming to talk about putting an album together. It's great to see work starting to come in and we haven't advertised yet. My job is to keep meals coming and ocasionally help with backing vocals etc.
Always interested to hear what others are doing.

Steph

                Sandy Licht
Turn right, then go straight!

        Jeremiah 29:11-14 (Amplified Bible)

11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

12Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.

13Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.(A)

14I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will release you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and all the places to which I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to be carried away captive.