[realmusicians] Re: Okay, it's up there.

  • From: "Tom Kingston" <tom.kingston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:16:06 -0400

Hey Gudrun,

that was a good puppy upper for this morning. Ha! And ain't that the truth.

But seriously, that's really strange about the SendSpace wizard messing up your system. These computers are so amazing yet so frustrating sometimes.

Regards,
Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gudrun Brunot" <gbrunot@xxxxxxxxxx>

I've sent you a download link for the file "Ain't Technology Great" with which our admirable Chris has given me much generous assistance. Let me hasten to say that any clumsy patches in the accompaniment are entirely mine. I got inspired to write this during one of our long, long drives to music camp each summer. All of a sudden, I stop talking, or give Rob monosyllabic answers when he talks to me, and the inspiration has gripped me. Lord knows I have enough material for a song like this...

Just an example: I was going to send you this file on Sendspace, for which I have an account. Well, here was this recommendation that I download the sendspace download wizzard. It would speed up the upload, allow me to send several files simultaneously, you know. So, I downloaded and installed it. My card reader was no longer recognized, Jaws got sluggish, Google didn't give me the search field... I uninstalled the thing. System seems happy again, but I haven't dared check on everything...

Yep, the upload went a lot faster, but the route I had to traverse before that step, well, that would be 15 more verses to this song, and it's long enough!

Love to you all.

Gudrun
Web: gudrunbrunot.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4490 (20091008) __________