[realmusicians] Re: Need advice from my brothers

Hi Ramy,

Well, if you're getting that message constantly with the slightest movement of the system I'd call whoever you purchased it from and ask about it. I mean, let's say you're recording a band with the laptop sitting on a table. Is it so sensitive that the drive head is going to continually be parked due to the vibration the audio creates? I'm sure there's a data buffer to temporarily store data to be written, but I don't know if this vibration detector firing constantly is going to get the system to the point where that buffer has overflowed.

D!J!X! gave the scoop on keeping your battery in good shape. As far as using a laptop for recording while on battery power goes, I don't imagine you'll get much battery life out of it. How long the battery lasts depends of course on how intensive the work you're doing is and recording is pretty processor intensive with a non-stop stream of data being written to the hard drive. I don't personally use a laptop for recording. So I don't really know. But on the two Sonica Labs systems I've got, both of them came out of the box with all of the power management turned off as well as Windows restore. I know Windows restore is known for deciding to do its job when it shouldn't. But I can only guess that the power management tools may have a negative effect on recording. One thing you should do though when running on battery power is turn off the built-in wireless receiver. That is of course unless you're using it.

Hth,
Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ramy Moustafa" <moshtaqlealganna@xxxxxxxxx>

dear tom:

the message still shown, and don't know what can i do, is it something bad in my laptop or what? am afraid, and i think many people use their lap top in their cars, buses etc.

Also, how can i get the best battery life?
I mean what r the best things that i must do to make my battery life longer?

Thanks
Cheers
Ramy Moustafa
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Kingston" <tom.kingston@xxxxxxxxxxx>