[realmusicians] Re: Hello From D!J!X!

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:48:54 -0400

The 64 bit processing thing you speak of is more on sonar's engine than the
processor, you can't really use pure 64 apps on an x86 processor... Even
then you can't really use x86 apps on an x64 processor without the help of a
mediator such as the wow64 protocol.
The bit bridge thing is what I want to check out, to see if it just runs x86
plugs inside sonar as 32bit plugs, meaning that the OS would have to use
something like wow64 to make it work (might cause slow downs/instabilities),
or if sonar does the convertion itself and presents the plug to the OS as a
native 64bit  app (which then would depend on how good cakewalk's protocol
is to measure stability/speed).

HTH, D!J!X!