[real-eyes] very important notice for the blind of Missouri

  • From: "Nancy Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Real Eyes" <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:35:02 -0500

The following is for blind Missouri residents who receive the blind pension
or other Missouri state aid money.
Hi Listers:

Please read the following very carefully and share with other blind people
you know.

VERY IMPORTANT!

According to our attorney very soon the Missouri Department of Social
Services will be sending a notice to all recipients of the Blind Pension,
Supplemental Aid to the Blind and Conversion Aid to the Blind.

This notice is being sent as a result of the judge handling MCB?s Blind
Pension lawsuit making the decision to Certify the Class.

This notice will be sent to all those who have been on the roles for one of
the three above-mentioned programs since 1992.

It is not necessary that you respond to this notice.

Everyone stands to gain from this action.  NO ONE WILL LOSE THEIR GRANTS NOR
WILL THE AMOUNT OF THE CHECKS BE REDUCED.  The Supplemental payments that
have been being made from the Blind Pension Fund will have to come from
General Revenue.  This will give more money in the Blind Pension Fund for
Blind Pension recipients.  In so doing S.A.B. and Conversion A.B. recipients
will receive larger payments since the state must pay those recipients an
equal amount to that of Blind Pension grants.  This is in accordance with
Chapter 208 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri.

It is my understanding that some erroneous information has been given to
some blind citizens.  Please do not be guided by that information.

Again, you do not need to respond to the notice that you will receive from
the Department of Social Services.

If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to call me at
the MCB office.  Our local number is:  314-832-7172 or toll free
800-342-5632.