[real-eyes] Re: two files on the accessible Panasonic TV. They have 30 models for u)

  • From: "Reginald George" <adapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Adaptive technology information and support." <ati@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <nutkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:36:18 -0600

Thanks Terrie for finding this one.  This Interview with the Panasonic Rep
is really amazing!  They say you can access the user guide and schedule
events with the text to speech that is built into the TV, but the best part
is that all you need to turn it into a DVR is to hook up any USB hard drive
to save the recordings.  Bye bye Tevo.  These new TVs will be out in March,
with 30 different models.  Very exciting!  And they say it won't
significantly increase the costs of the televisions.

The fascinating thing to me was that they specifically sighted Apple in the
interview for showing the way in this area.  It's another huge company
putting a foot forward for universal design, which will encourage other
companies to do the same thing.  In the interviews I'm listening too they
act like this is out of the blue for Panasonic, but they have always at
least attempted to showcase accessibility by putting physical second channel
audio switches for DVS on their older VCRs, and by being the first cordless
phones with talking caller ID.  So I would argue that they have a proven
track record of caring about access, but these new TVs are really a huge
break through.  .  I would encourage everyone to support Panasonic in these
efforts.

We thank John Gassman for these two files on the accessible panasonic tv.
They have 30 models for u)

Terrie l.arnold

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>