[real-eyes] Re: key for spectrum/Roadrunner

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 07:41:54 -0500

It's probably on a sticker on the bottom of the router.  You can also log
into the router from a computer that's hard wired to it by going to it's
home page.  If it's a linksys the default user name and password are admin.
This is different for routers from different companies.  Once you are in you
can go to wireless settings and change the channel to one with less
interference, say 11, and you can modify the key to a ten or twenty digit
number you can remember or disable it altogether which would leave your
network wide open to anyone.

Reg