[real-eyes] Re: follow up bar code scanner script Window Eyes 7.0

  • From: "Steven Clark" <kcpadfoot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 01:23:19 -0500

The bar code will enter the numbers into whatever edit box you have open
with focus.  I will scan an item while this email is being written.
064144282630
Now just copy that code and go to
http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemform.asp
Paste the code into the lookup edit box and press enter on the lookup
button.
Filter through the junk on the page and you'll find

Ro*Tel Milder Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies W/Less Green Chilies
Size/Weight
10 oz

and present the person with just that data.  That's basically what the
window eyes or any script would have to do.  From the time the barcode
scanner beeps until the results are returned within a second or two.
Most items I've scanned have a result in about a second other items have
taken 2 or three seconds.

I think it would be great if someone could write a script for jaws to do
this.

There is another great script for window eyes that does a similar function.
In the options for the script you enter your zip code.  When you execute the
script with a hotkey the script goes out to weather underground and gets the
current temp, humidity and pressure for that zip code.  The data is filtered
out from the rest of the text on the web page and presented to the person,
all within a few seconds.

Competition only makes the products better.

Steve