[real-eyes] Re: United Way of Greater Kansas City Survey?

  • From: GailMLL@xxxxxxx
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:22:21 EST

the other day on TV Barbara Walters was saying that we have  such vital
issues facing us today as a nation and individually that all of  the  money
spent
of surveys could be better used to feed the poor,  give better access to
persons with disabilities and if WE just refuse to do  surveys because they
don't
work, maybe money will be more wisely spent for the  things we do need. We all
know KC is an unsafe, illmannered, costly, and  ugly place to live. We don't
need a survey to tell us the whole thing needs to  be renovated.

In a message dated 1/22/2008 11:09:28 A.M. Central Standard Time,
morrowmediakc@xxxxxxxxx writes:
We get  surveys like this at work. I suppose that we blind folks need to
realize that  most of the world can see, and in this case, whether or not we
are
able to  read the survey is not a matter of life or death. When I get a survey
I  can't read, I either ask someone to assist me with it or, more often
than not, I simply ignore it. I'll save the lawyer for a time if/when  my
livelihood or life is in danger.

Kimberly

Jim Fettgather  wrote:
> Before I fly off the handle and hire a lawyer to litigate, I  thought I
would pass on this link for a quality of life survey that United Way  of
Greater
Kansas City is conducting and get some opinions.
>  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=vTWtkUai6aRXvy5dNadHIw%3d%3d
>  This is a direct link to the survey, but you can also go to
>  www.unitedwaygkc.org
> and click on the survey link, and get there that  way.
> It seems to me that others have mentioned surveys generated by  this web
outfit called Survey Monkey, where many of the controls don't read
particularly
well, and indeed, in this case, not at all.
> There are a  number of other survey sites that work just fine with adaptive
software, but I  thought that folks might want to try this site and discuss
their  findings.

go to  www.freelists.org/list/real-eyes