[real-eyes] Talking Caller ID Software

  • From: "Steven Clark" <padfoot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 22:24:10 -0500

Hi,
We found a program that is very accessible and will announce the name of the
person who is calling.
One of the really cool things about this program is it will let you use a
synthesizer that is already on your computer for when it announces who is
calling.  There's several programs out there that do this but they only use the
microsoft voices.  So we've got it setup with eloquence and love it.

The program is called Identify and is available from:

http://www.imptec.com/identify.htm

It is very easy to setup and allows you to edit a database of callers.  You can
block certain callers, edit the name that is announced when they call and for
the people you've blocked it plays a .wav file to them over the phone.
It does the same if you choose to block blocked calls or any of the other
options available.

You can use their default .wav files or make your own.

The program is shareware and is fully functional for 30 days.  After that it is
only $15.00 to register and get all future upgrades.

Steve