[real-eyes] Re: Saving and Transferring Emails and Favorites

  • From: sarah.jevnikar@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 05:40:43 -0400

Hi Karen,
I'm not sure about the e-mails, beyond saving each individually as txt
files and storing them on your hard drive, but i do know about the
favourites issue.
1. From My Computer, go to the C Drive, followed  by Documents and
Settings, followed by whatever user name you have. In that folder
there is a subfolder called Favourites, or Favorites if you prefer it
without the u. <grin>
2. On this folder, hit alt e then f, and select the destination folder
to be the device you're using to transfer your old files to the new
computer.
3. connect the transferring device to the new computer and find the
favourites folder on it.
4. use the same alt e then f command, and copy this folder into the
same place on the new computer it was on the old one. Alternatively,
to move it off the transsfer device, use v instead of f after you
press alt e.

I hope this helps.
Sarah