[real-eyes] Re: Recordable chips

  • From: Steven Clark <kcpadfoot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 12:59:08 -0500

Many years ago in a land far away before I was blind  I and a friend
used the part of a greeting card that played happy birthday.  It was in
a digital electronics class in high school.  We modified it to be an
alarm for our project locker.  We knew our teacher  would unlock it from
time to time to check on our progress or to borrow a tool we had.
When he opened the door a few days later it played the happy birthday tune.
The problem using something like that is having to reset the setup each
time it was opened.

One item that might work is A P H has a motion pad that will play a
recorded message whenever it detects motion.  You could put this inside
the cabinet, facing the door.

There are also some other battery operated motion detectors out there
that will do the same.

Steve