[real-eyes] Re: I'm having a horrible time installing freedom box

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 00:23:50 -0500

I am certainly shocked and dismayed at what appears to be a clear lack of
decent support on freedom box behalf.
If the key requires USB 2.0, then that should be clearly stated in the
system requirements for the device.
I have seen some MP3 players that do need USB 2.0 to run properly, but it is
clearly stated on the system requirements.
You could have a USB 2.0 PCI card installed in the machine for probably not
much money, around $50.

It  is certainly vastly more responsive than 1.1.

However, if you can send it back, then I would consider doing so.
I have read lots and lots of FreedomBox documentation, and nowhere is it
stated that USB 2.0 is necessary to run the key.