[real-eyes] Re: Hooking up outlook express to gmail

  • From: "firoz" <firojjee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 10:43:04 +0530

if you want all mails in your p.c. or

from now only select on yur choice

use method below

outlook express or MSOE. Or follow these instructions: List of 16 items

1. First, you need to make sure the POP3 access is activated in your Gmail
account. To do this, go to Gmail and click on the Settings link at the top
of the page. you will have to use the jaws kursur to go to  the settings,
Choose the Forwarding and POP tab this also using jaws kursur. after this
you can use your pc kursur for changing the option on this page, make sure
either the "Enable POP for all mail" or "Enable POP only for mail that
arrives from now on" is selected. (You will probably just want to choose the
"from now on" option, because all the email that you receive from this point
on will go to Outlook Express). Next, you need to choose what you want to do
with the email that is accessed with POP. You can either keep Gmail's copy
in the Inbox, archive Gmail's copy or delete Gmail's copy. This option is
strictly up to you. Once you have chosen that, click on Save Changes.

2. Open Outlook Express and hit ALT+T or click on Tools, then arrow down to
or click on Accounts.

3. Click on the Add button and choose Mail.

4. Type in your name and tab to, or click Next.

5. Enter your Gmail email address. Click, or tab to Next.

6. Screen reader users will use the tab key to move through the various
options on the following screen. You need to make sure that POP3 is selected
under the "My incoming mail server is a (blank) server" space.

7. Type in "pop.gmail.com" (without the quotations) under the "Incoming mail
(POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:"

8. Type in "smtp.gmail.com" (without the quotations) under the "Outgoing
mail (SMTP) server:" spot. Click Next when done.

9. Now, you're going to enter your full Gmail email address under the
"Account name" and enter your Gmail password under "Password."

10. Click, or tab to Next and then Finish.

11. Now you're going to highlight the new pop.gmail.com account, and choose
Properties from there. Screen reader users will tab to the properties
button.

Go to the Servers tab.

12. Ensure the line that says "My server requires authentication" is checked
under the Outgoing Mail Server section.

13. Click on, or arrow over to the Advanced tab.

14. Make sure that the place that says "This server requires a secure
connection (SSL)" is checked under the Outgoing mail (SMTP): and also under
the Incoming mail (POP3): choices.

15. Once that is all checked, type in the number "465" under the Outgoing
server (SMTP): place and make sure "995" is typed in under the Incoming
server

(POP3) section.

16. Click OK and Close.

list end