[real-eyes] Re: A real stupid question

  • From: Jim Fettgather <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 22:31:01 -0500

Typically, it's been my experience that when you save a PDF to text, it
completely messes up the formatting,  However, often  they still read
just fine on devices like the stream.\So if you're using the latest
Jaws, and the latest Adobe Reader, no editing should be necessary.

Here's another great trick that I love to use for working with PDF's.

If you have a Gmail account, mail the file as an attachment to your
Gmail address.
Now, log onto  your  Gmail account through the web.
When reading your message, you will have the chance to view the PDF file
in HTML format, so the whole file loads in a new window, and it is often
amazing how beautifully they read.