[ratpack] oh, one last thing!

  • From: Aleta Boyce <alboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:20:17 -0600

Don't forget that many people think because they buy the photo, they bought the rights. If they hired you to take the photos, and you're working hourly, this is true, but I try to make it clear either that they CAN reproduce the art (aren't I the nice guy) or that I retain the rights to reproduce (and I give them the reason). I usually give them the rights to get my name out there if it's photos, but then, I usually keep my best paintings, so different purposes for me.

Again, hope this helps; I'm sure that as we develop as artists we can help each other with the marketing aspect.
al