[ratpack] Re: final photoshop lesson (finally, huh paul?)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:10:22 -0600

I have 3.5 (3 complete, one parts printer) Epson P1400 printers plus a Continuous Ink System plus refillable cartridges and a buncha ink that you can have free for nuttin. I've been trying to unload 'em on craigslist and KSL and nobody's buying...so they're free to a good home...hell, to any home.

The only problem with 'em is that none of 'em work. They act like the print heads are clogged, but I've done everything in the known universe to correct that, to no avail. So I bought a Canon Pixma 9000 which, while the first one that Amazon sent quit working very quickly, the replacement seems to work pretty well, including refillable cartridges.

Be real careful with Epson printers. There's an escalating war between them as users about usurious prices for ink and paper and I don't think I'd buy another Epson.

(just got back from the salt for the evening...brought the injured race car home, going back to cover the Top Speed Shootout tomorrow)

On 9/16/2011 12:18 PM, Aleta Boyce wrote:
I'll try printing an 8 x 10, if you'd like. I have plenty of paper, but my printer is crap. I need a new Epson with archival pigment inks.
really, I do!

On Sep 16, 2011, at 11:55 AM, Michael Wells wrote:

I just ordered a 16x20 print of this pic, I can't wait to see how it looks. If it looks good I'll print you a copy.

Thanks

Michael

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Aleta Boyce <alboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:alboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Here's the results of enlarging it 110% by resampling the image.

    by increasing the number of pixels and reducing the print size
    the pixels get smaller, so the graininess should be reduced.
    You can do this for printing, but if you're doing it to print a
    much LARGER object, it doesn't work well, as you aren't making
    the image details any better.

    I really hope this explains it a bit, but in person it makes more
    sense, so plan to come by after a race or ?  Jim is glad to have
    you come by if he's here or gone, but night shifts aren't a great
    time, so this weekend is out.  I'm glad to show anyone and
    everyone everything I know - should take about 15 minutes - and
    you can see the new paintings in progress.
    motorcycles!!  yiiikes!!

    *oh, and let me know what the problems are with printing this
    image so I can make changes - are you unhappy with the
    graininess, the clarity, trying to make it larger than 17inches,
    or ??  What program are you using for printing?*
    *Several things we can adjust.*

    As far as ARTIFACTS, that lesson is all Richard's (have fun with
    that!-)
    aleta

--
Dr. Z