[ratpack] Re: final photoshop lesson (finally, huh paul?)

You have to check the specs on Epsons, or any printer. Some can be switched between archival and regular inks, but pigment inks are more expensive, of course.

money -  yup, it's always a factor.
al

On Sep 17, 2011, at 3:27 AM, John Christensen wrote:

Do all Epson ink cartridges have archival pigment ink? Or just the fancy ones? I know my old HP pictures washed out in a hurry. (1-2 yrs). I have a work force Epson now. All in one, not fancy.

If anyone watches HD net, the Mecham auto auctions are in MY TOWN Saint Charles, IL this weekend. They have been going on the last couple days. Today is the last day. Some really cool cars. Nate and I were in the camera view about an hour and 20 min in the first day. I was there to take pictures. Some good deals. Wish I had money.

JC

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Aleta Boyce <alboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I'll try printing an 8 x 10, if you'd like. I have plenty of paper, but my printer is crap. I need a new Epson with archival pigment inks.
really, I do!

On Sep 16, 2011, at 11:55 AM, Michael Wells wrote:

I just ordered a 16x20 print of this pic, I can't wait to see how it looks. If it looks good I'll print you a copy.

Thanks

Michael

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Aleta Boyce <alboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here's the results of enlarging it 110% by resampling the image.

by increasing the number of pixels and reducing the print size the pixels get smaller, so the graininess should be reduced. You can do this for printing, but if you're doing it to print a much LARGER object, it doesn't work well, as you aren't making the image details any better.

I really hope this explains it a bit, but in person it makes more sense, so plan to come by after a race or ? Jim is glad to have you come by if he's here or gone, but night shifts aren't a great time, so this weekend is out. I'm glad to show anyone and everyone everything I know - should take about 15 minutes - and you can see the new paintings in progress.
motorcycles!!  yiiikes!!

oh, and let me know what the problems are with printing this image so I can make changes - are you unhappy with the graininess, the clarity, trying to make it larger than 17inches, or ?? What program are you using for printing?
Several things we can adjust.

As far as ARTIFACTS, that lesson is all Richard's (have fun with that!-)
aleta

--
Dr. Z
aka Michael Wells