[ratpack] YAY!

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:26:20 -0600

I got my media credentials for ALMS today. I'm very grateful. However. There was a note in the email that said "Because of the high demand from photographers this year, not all photographers who receive a media credential are assigned a photo vest. The photo vest is required to gain access to trackside photography locations. All Series photographers who have an approved 2010 hard card, and selected local media, are assigned a vest. *If you are not an ALMS Hard Card holder, you must pre-register for your photo vest."

*
So I went to the ALMS site, did as it said and there was this little gem:
"Photo Vests Request Forms will be provided by the local track promoter in advance of each respective race week."

Right hand, let me introduce you to the left hand. I guess I've gonna be there bright and early Thursday (maybe Wednesday if they're opening it up for pre-race testing like they did last year) to be among the first in line to get the vests.

They're talking about requiring helmets and firesuits for "over-the-wall" access. I wonder if mine will work. The helmet's an SFI approved 2005, but the firesuit...well, it's a "veteran." But I got one.

In other news, we actually got some work done on the race car today. We flushed all the old brake fluid and refilled with new. We just need different bleeders for the rear brakes. That killed a coupla hours running around on a parts chase. If all the starts line up (and all that other stuff) the car might run on the salt in September.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program