[ratpack] What would you do?

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 23:15:37 -0600

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program
If you had a photo like this...

...that shows a car in mid-air right by the sponsor's airbag?

Would ya send it to their publicity department?  If ya did do ya think they'd (they being the series...who refused me credentials) would try to claim ownership of the photo?  As ya prolly know Tom Shannon gave me a ticket for the cheap seats that MMP gave to him.  He and his wife used 'em on Saturday and I got one of the Sunday tickets.

I have one more in the series that has the car right in front of the airbag...hell, I don't know what to do with it.

Here's one more shot I found interesting:

It was about the best use I could think of with the backlighting.

The car show in Logan damn near kilt me.  Like I wrote, I'd intended to get an earlier start, but as usual, I had to stop and visit with people and this and that....I was real tired.  I'm far from caught up now, but I gotta get these 2 events finished up before ALMS.

So...any ideas would be appreciated.

Ohh..there is an outside chance that I might be out of town for the ALMS weekend.  I hope it doesn't turn out that way, but if it does, I'd like to offer my arrangement with Les Long to someone who doesn't already have credentials.  I know that the Zamboni is a little short in that area but I dunno about Muttley.  It'd be a full commitment to cover Air Power and the race(s) that he's organizing.  My plan is to start on Thursday and be there all day, every day until the last dog is hung.

One more thing.  I love 8 gig CF cards.  I shot the whole Logan show on one card.  I've re-thought the temperature sensitive issues I heard about a year ago and decided to chance it.  If shootin all day in the 95F temps didn't hurt it...well, it seems to be a good deal.  Amazon, Sandisk Ultra II for $33.50.  I'll probably buy one or two more since the images from the 7D are considerably larger than the 40D's were.   Oh...the 6 rechargeable NiMH AA cells in the powerpack lasted all day and still had more in 'em.  I bought a charger and batteries, also from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BCG-34HRMF4-Battery-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B0002IOIMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278220006&sr=1-1
and 8 extra batteries (it comes with 4.)  The nice thing about this charger is that it will drain the batteries before charging (If ya tell it to) to avoid discharge memory.  So far I'm real happy with it.  I DID use up the 4 AAs in the flash, but they weren't freshly charged when I started.

Enuff.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that gawdawful Thunderbird email program