[ratpack] Spec Miata Poster

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:31:17 -0600

The posters seem to be pretty popular. So I made one up for the Spec Miata class. I couldn't decide how to handle the center frame, so I used a relatively new car. I hope the owner doesn't mind if I kinda gave it a new paint job. The rattle can bit was a little ragged. But here it is, I had to mess around with the line copy below the car to get it to show up halfway decent on the track surface.

Anyway, this is just a 1/3 size test shot. I'm gonna have to print one out and use it as a selling tool. The Porsche and Corvette guys (and the Mustang guys, too) seem to like 'em. If I ever get a complete order list, I'll have to go print a bunch before I high-tail it outta Dodge 'for that there Marshall feller gets wind of my whereabouts. Ohh...and I need to be on the salt flats, too. ;) Camp Rat seems to be taking shape. The tent and porta-potty are lined up, the generator need to be checked over and we need to finish the scaffolding trailer. Yee Hawww. Maybe I otta have a flag or pennant flying above the tent. Nawww...

Ok. I'm about 2/3s groggy and need to get some sleep. Btw, the work commenced on the scaffolding trailer and it looks like we'll be ok and possibly get me roughly 20 feet higher than the salt so I can shoot over the heads of the great unwashed...at least those that walk in front of my camera.

Muttley, if there's something you can think of that I might wanna use as far as camping gear, please lemme know. I'm fixed up for tent, generator, table, chairs, inflatable mattress, carpet remnants to give the "salon" a nice homey feel. I'm not sure if I have a camp stove or not...but then in heat there, I'm just ok with sandwiches and the occasional chile verde burrito from the Salt Flats Cafe. (They got some of the best Mexican food and not only is it real tasty, it's affordable. I guess I otta give 'em another photograph to hang on their wall. Anyway, if ya think of something (I got the stakes and hammer handled) please let me know.

I gotta split. Need my beauty sleep (I hasn't been workin very well lately) and I gotta shoot the next installment of the Graham liner restoration tomorrow...I guess it's today. The graphics are gonna get applied and then it otta be ready to show.

G'nite.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program