[ratpack] Re: Some photos of the "Utah Grand Prix" (cough, cough)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 22:44:48 -0600

Thanks, Lar.  Great shots.  I'm amazed at the air under the tires in some of those shots.  I'll do my best to get 'em on my server in a day or so.

Sorry about the head in the shot.  :)

I spent the day in American Fork shooting a car show and actually made money doing it.  Much better than losing money to those slimy FIM lowlifes.  (I still have the check they sent me with "Refused" written on it by my bank.  I'll show it to the FIM rep on the salt flats later this year...he better cough up some cash or....well...never mind.)

How about this "period-correct" kustom 55 Ford Crown Vic with Watson-type scallops, frenched antennae, tuck and roll Naugahyde panels in the front fenderwells, dual 56 Packard taillight lenses and a whole lot more.

Dr. Z:  Great shots!  I love the flags and the bike.  Hope the lens is working out for ya.

For those who don't know, my 7D and 18-200mm IS lens tried to commit suicide by jumping off the tripod last week.  The lens is currently at Kew's.  If all goes well, it'll only be $200 to repair...otherwise, it's $600 for a replacement.  Damn!!!  The camera got knocked silly, but I think that pulling the small battery (CMOS battery?) and resetting things after re-inserting it brought it back to normal.  It worked fine today with the Sigma 17-70 lens.  I also have my 40D back and it seems to be in fine shape...except that it's missing a USB connector, but I decided that it wasn't worth replacing the entire main circuit board cuz I never use it...I have any number of card readers that I use to transfer images.

I guess that I'm gonna be stuck between the computer (editing as many photos as I can do) and the garage (working on the race car) until I go to Manti Thursday for the Rat Fink Reunion.  This rain really sucks...and I wasn't even planning any BBQ or Memorial Day activity.  Btw...for those of you who go to the track, try to stay dry, k?

Oh...do the Superbikes race in the rain?

RtR

On 5/25/2011 7:56 AM, Larry Knight wrote:

Ray,
Here are a few more pics for your Utah GP page.
Let me know if they don't make it to you.

Anyone besides me and the Z going to the bike race this weekend?
Larr