[ratpack] More on Polarizing filters.

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:36:07 +0000 (UTC)

At the car show yesterday: The usual suspects, plus a lot more different cars.
(Yay!)  Coupla very nice '55 Ford hardtops.  One guy had his 3 window coupe
towing a beautifully-restored Chris-Craft speedboat, and another had a Corvair!
Must have been a late model, because at first I thought it might have been a
Camaro.  Haven't seen one of those in a coon's age.  There was another one(I
think) that had the typical rear vents, and the name plate, + a strange one
that didn't quite fit with what I had seen on Corvairs AND  a big V-8 stuffed
in the front trunk, but it looked like a Camaro, too. Hmmmm...confused? not
me!

No images: I just wasn't satisfied with the lot!  Maybe next time.

You may wonder at a guy getting jazzed about Corvairs...it is one of
my  favoritest  cars, the others being the Sunbeam Alpine, BMW 507, Jaguar
XK140, and '54 Studillac.

Same cars will be at Valley Fair Mall tonight.  Maybe I'll go, if the wife gets
home from work early enough.  Idaho Falls for the air show with the Blue Angels
Saturday!  I does truly love  things with wings!  Only taking 2 lenses, the
18-55 "kit" and my new Nikon 70-300 VR.

Reflections from auto paint must appear like metallic reflections, at least to
a  circular polarizer, because no effect was observed at any angle, but it did
act like a dandy neutral-density filter.