[ratpack] Monte SS Wheels, and photography

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 06:28:58 -0500

It was the perfect sunset lighting, although the flash went off shooting the
back side. Full auto on the Rebel XT for the camera buffs. I realized
shooting this that the numbers rolled over to over 10,000 photos shot
through the Canon. When I was copying them to the HD, it wanted to write
over the first pictures I had taken and stored, because the numbers only go
to 9999 on the images.

I took my Monte Carlo SS wheels from the parts car to a friend of Nate's (He
is always hooking me up with good deals, the house loan, the wheels, etc.
).  For anyone interested, they would probably ship. They are a young
company, and could use the work. I worked with Shane. he rides bikes, and
has some sponsors I guess. I got the wheels done for $50 each. They were
sand blasted, then powder coated. Now I have to spruce up the center caps,
and get some tires. These are going on the Monte Carlo SS for winter, so
they will be some all season tire. Probably white letter.

Here they are the pictures:
http://www.myelcamino.net/monte/log3.htm#wheels_after
We went with all silver, even though the high spots on the originals were
lacquer over the turned aluminum look, there was pitting in the aluminum
that would have had to be turned again for $$$$$. These look great for the
shape they were in before<http://www.myelcamino.net/monte/log3.htm#wheels_b4>.
The price and turn around time was really right from Shane at
www.cochrancustoms.com <http://www.cochrancustomes.com/> here in Saint
Charles. I dropped them off Saturday, and he called me Wednesday morning.
They do a lot of bike parts.

Real happy with the results for the price.

JC