[ratpack] Re: Larry helps a Nikonian

  • From: Aleta Boyce <alboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:36:26 -0600

Michael,
http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/welcome

and they send you some free photos. I've ordered larger photos from them, and their quality is very good. There are a few others, but this one is easy to use and no spam, which is a huge benefit.
al

On Jul 12, 2010, at 6:30 PM, Michael Wells wrote:

Rat Packers,

I was trying to help the guy I brought out to the track on Saturday, fortunately this was not his virgin voyage with his Nikon so he did pretty well. He's looking for a spot on line where he can post some of his images from the race, you might have seen one I posted yesterday, nice motion blur on the Jag. He needs to learn what that round button on the front of his camera is for, he only shot about 20 frames of the Falken Porsche that burnt up in front of us while I shot over 120 frames, pixels are cheap and it's not everyday you get to see a car up-close like that, and I even had the right lens for the event and my camera was setup properly for the action so my shots all came out in focus and composed pretty well.

Did anybody get pics of that horrendous crash on the front straight from the PTLites race? Not if you were standing next to Larr, but did anybody? I just saw a video clip and it looked wicked.

Also, Brandon, my friend from Sat, sent in my sponsorship request today, he figured why wait. When I showed him were the media center was and mentioned that it's AC cooled and they provide lunch, he was all over that, so I'll get, or at least I believe I'll get, a coveted media vest for the Rolex GrandAm.

And for something completely different, Steve at KEWS wanted to thank Ray and Paul for being such good customers, he said he was three weeks out on repairs but I mentioned I had a race this weekend and he said he would get it done by friday. He believes it's just the shutter and I should be able to get out the door for less than $200. I also took a lens that was giving me some trouble but that will take a little longer, since it's not my 70-200 L lens I'm ok with that.

Well that's all I have for now, see you gearheads at the track on Saturday for MPRA #4, and Larr, I kinda like the crashes and spins so don't come and stand next to me.

Dr Z

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM, <humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, Larry is a good guy, a veritable prince of a man, and a good photog, too. "Power cycle"? What's that, turn the thing off and then on again? Boy,these new-fangled terms!

I, myself, whilst waiting out the rainstorm in the grandstand, was approached by a pleasant, but confused-looking fellow from Portland , a C-a-n-o-n s-h-o-o-t-e-r, who admitted that frankly, he was mystified by his IS lens.

Well, I had my VR lens (LARGE, satisfied grin) less than 24 hours at the time, so was a real expert, but we pidgined around...you know; me Nikonian, you Canon shooter having many confusions about high- tech lens mojo...try pushing this button...welll, hmmmmm...try that, one!

I told him what my owner's manual said, which would probably compare nicely to his...providing he could read...and he left satisfied. We Nikonians just look like we know what we are doing, (har har) are kindly, and have wisdom to impart. Sometimes, we even do.