[ratpack] Re: I went to the woodcarving show...my first competition. Boy, was I surprised!

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 03:59:43 -0500

There might be one of these stores near you. Save the time making tools and
make the art.
http://www.woodcraft.com/
http://www.woodcarverssupply.com/
http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/

I think I have gotten some diamond sharpening stones from woodcraft. There
used to be a store a lot closer.

Then again, don't do as I say...... I have a wax carving knife at work that
I made from a graver blank. For some reason they cut nicer ;-)
JC

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM, <humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks,  Mike.  No, I don't ...after carving about a dozen Santa heads for
> the grandkids' Christmas, plus several ornaments for us and friends over
> the last year, ( I am a real newbie at this)  I don't think I want to go
> that route...it's too much like work!  I am working on making my own
> carving knives right now...If I can remember where I put the blades. C.

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image