[ratpack] Re: I used to...

  • From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 19:53:12 -0600

See if you can change the DPI value. I use 200 DPI for all my prints (the most that Costco will print.) At that setting an 8x10 is 2000x1600 and is nice and sharp.

Normal setting for web images is 72 DPI. Here's one of the driveshaft of my car after the pinion yoke snapped and the driveshaft beat its way through everything under the car until it got free...by which time it was folded up like a soda straw. Ohh...yeah....I'm done for the event and the year. The GPS said I was doing 137 when it all went to hell.

Quoting PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx>:

Check "properties" and see what the pixel dimensions are. I think.......a photo 640 X 427 pixels will/may print fairly well at 4 x 6 inches and maybe slightly larger before pixelation comes into play. The more pixels obviously the better. I'm just guessing but if you have a pixel size of 1200 x 850 you may be able to get an 8 x 12 print.

3 mp ain't a lot.

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:54:46 -0600
Subject: [ratpack] Re: I used to...
From: mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think it's a 3 MP camera.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:38 PM, PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh yah ask the Photoshop idiot. Maybe Mutely or Aleta has some ideas, as they have much more experience with Photoshop. I only have Photoshop Elements 3 and a cheap (free) Microsoft photo program.

I looked at your photo full screen and it looked fine to me, what is the original pixel size?

Paul

CC: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:24:51 -0600
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since this pic was taken from my iPhone without too many mega pixels, I think I'll use some of the Photoshop effects to hide the poor quality, Paul any suggestions?

Dr Z

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Nathan Nickerson <natenick67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Excellent! I love Utah (or anywhere actually) sunset shots! Thanks for sharing.
-Nate