[ratpack] Re: Autopuzzles.com? (Followup)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:29:49 -0600

I gave in.  I'd searched and searched and kept coming up empty-handed.  So I did a google image search and found it.  There's only one place this image exists on the web (that I know of):
http://www.austinharris.co.uk/photo/1929-brighton-concours-delegance/3667

It's a Daimler Double Six boattail speedster...and it's associated with one J.A. Mackie.  Some research brought up his name as a British "footballer" who played soccer for "Arsenal FC"...and more research showed him as John Mackie:
http://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/news-photo/arsenal-footballer-john-mackie-during-an-fa-cup-replay-news-photo/2694458
http://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail/news-photo/mackie-who-played-118-times-for-arsenal-fc-news-photo/3403805

How in the world one might be able to find out about the who he ordered it from and for is WAY beyond me.

On 3/10/2012 11:09 AM, PAUL W WATSON wrote:
The big car appears to be right hand drive and has a compartment for golf clubs.

Here's the question that accompanies it:
"A sizeable motor car: make, type, by whom, and in which year please, for a point, and who ordered it, through whom, why and who is in the car on what occasion for another point?"