[raspi-internals] Re: Hey, look, QPU docs

  • From: Ron Harwood <harwoodr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 19:36:57 -0500

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/6299

...article regarding the release of source and documentation... plus this:

"The source release targets the BCM21553 cellphone chip, but it should be
reasonably straightforward to port this to the BCM2835, allowing access to
the graphics core without using the blob. As an incentive to do this work, *we
will pay a bounty of $10,000 to the first person to demonstrate to us
satisfactorily that they can successfully run Quake III* at a playable
framerate on Raspberry Pi using these drivers."