[radiologyeducationnews] New Radiology Web Sites in December 2009
- From: Michael D'Alessandro <michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: <radiologyeducationnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:39:25 -0600
We invite all pediatric radiology fellows, faculty and practicing pediatric radiologists to join Pediatric Commons (http://www.pediatriccommons.org ) - an educational community for pediatric health care providers whose goal is to improve children’s health.
Pediatric Commons is a place to learn pediatrics every day:• It is a personal learning environment that helps learners take control of and manage their own learning. • By entering cases into your learning portfolio you are storing your experience, reflection, knowledge, and wisdom. • By participating in your community of practice you are contributing content, engaging in conversations and making connections.
• It enables peer-to-peer and master-to-apprentice teaching.• It fulfills part of the requirement for Part 1 Maintenance of Certification by tying your learning to your practice as your learning portfolio can be used for CME.
So why should you and your trainees use Pediatric Commons?• For practicing physicians, participation in Pediatric Commons documents your continued learning, competency and mastery of pediatrics. CME can be received for participation in Pediatric Commons, thus tieing your learning to your practice and providing an easy cost-effective way to improve the quality of patient care in your practice as well as helping you to fulfill part of the Part I requirement for Maintenance of Certification.
• For residents and fellows, participation in Pediatric Commons documents your learning, competency and mastery of pediatrics and fulfills part of the ACGME requirement for maintaining a learning portfolio.
• For program directors, your residents' participation in Pediatric Commons can help you and your faculty in understanding what learners know and don't know, and in program evaluation and planning.
• For faculty, participation in Pediatric Commons is an alternative and complementary form of teaching and scholarship that can enhance your reputation and be documented in your curriculum vitae and medical educator's portfolio, and that you can receive CME for.
• For everyone, by placing cases seen in practice or presented at face- to-face conferences in Pediatric Commons, you are creating online conferences that anyone can participate in at anytime from any location.
To join, visit http://www.pediatriccommons.org and click on Sign Up in the upper right hand corner. You must use your real first and last name and institution’s work e-mail address (.edu or .org or .ac) or your email address in the American Academy of Pediatrics membership directory when joining.
To learn more, view our flyer at: http://www.educationalinformatics.org/PediatricCommonsFlyer.pdf Please pass this invitation on to all at your institution. Selected content is also presented weekly on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pediatriccommons Respectfully, Donna and Michael D’Alessandro, M.D. Professors of Pediatrics and Radiology, The University of Iowa Curators of Pediatric Commons
----------------------------------------------------------Note: This mailing list is only for the posting of new radiology Web sites by the list administrator. Send questions and comments to michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx
----------------------------------------------------------You are currently subscribed to the radiologyeducationnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list.
An archive of this list is available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/radiologyeducationnewsUsers can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to radiologyeducationnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the Subject field; or by visiting http://www.freelists.org/list/radiologyeducationnews , entering your e-mail address, choosing Unsubscribe and clicking on "Go!"
The moderator of this list is michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx
Other related posts:
- » [radiologyeducationnews] New Radiology Web Sites in December 2009 - Michael D'Alessandro