[radioastro] Mathematics and Physics of Jovian and Solar Radio JOVE events

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Radio JOVE NASA GSFC <radiojove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steve McCauley <esmac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:35:31 -0700

Mathematics and Physics of Jovian and Solar Radio JOVE events

I refer to Steve McCauley's message copied below.

I know we have Radio JOVE Participants who have studied and enjoy
Mathematics and Physics, and would like a mathematical analysis of events.
Steve is one of them.

The mathematical theories are very complex, not fully developed, and a
subject of current research.
As an example, one important paper about cyclotron maser theory is 84 pages
long, with about 120 equations.
It may be boring to many Participants.

If interested in this topic, please write me privately.

Many thanks for your patience.

Victor

//www.freelists.org/list/radioastro
//www.freelists.org/archive/radioastro

E.S.McCauley <esmac@xxxxxxxxxx>     Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 4:28 PM
To: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Radio JOVE NASA GSFC <radiojove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes well,
    a very fine attachment .. and maybe useful!. ..  but we are not a bunch
of bird-spotters from the south of some country with only a half-dozen
birds. We are not even ornithologists (who also do other things apart from
Taxonomy .. ! oh My!). Why is RCP weaker..? .. is it just "the age"? ..
should rome be informed?.. What's the blasted cone doing at this critical
time..? has somebody got a magik light to show what the bloody RFI is doing
south west of anywhere,  - let alone the subtle preferences and tastes of
the numbers .. whatever they are...

we are not a BELL man,
say something New.

Steve