[radioastro] Interesting Io-B on 100820 at Nancay

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:52:06 -0700

Interesting Io-B on 100820 at Nancay

Hello Everybody !

I refer to:
http://www.obs-nancay.fr/ql_routine_jupiter/B-W/2010/08/J100820.png

This is not a "typical" Io-B arc, it looks like a fan to me !

RCP is stronger, which is typical. Generally the northern cyclotron masers
(Io-A and Io-B) are  RCP polarization. LCP shows ionospheric modulations.

Near 0130 UT there is narrow band activity, stronger in LCP.

I would love to see how the Paris Observatory PRES code fits this one.

My ignorance is vast.

Best regards,

Victor